Sunday, June 5, 2011

My First Social Outing

I am slowly starting to settle into the Kingdom here and today at work I was talking with Majed, and mentioned how I felt bad I missed the last outing ... so he invited me out tonight for a social outing. We went to a place in Khobar where I had some turkish coffee and tried hookah (I forget what the Saudi's call it already). It was a strawberry flavor that was quite nice, and I met one of Majed's friends named Rami. We had lots of fun watching some soccer and enjoying the water pipe along with some coffee, tea and water. I will have to do this again - it was a lot of fun!

I've also decided that I really need to experience more of Saudi Arabia and understand the culture. Dhahran Camp is a great place, but it is like suburbia - something I find sterile and boring just about anywhere in the world. I am here to experience life and not simply exist in a model community!

1 comment:

  1. You're well placed to experience things many others only dream of.

    ReplyDelete